To make a purchase or send an inquiry you need to be logged in. To get free login access, click the "Register" button above.

Box — Pass It On by Peng Yangjun & Chen Jiaojiao

Box — Pass It On by Peng Yangjun & Chen Jiaojiao

$450

• Seller
  • Item Condition Very Good: small signs of wear but no tears or binding problems. See additional condition information.
  • Quantity 1
  • Price $450

Description

Peng Yangjun & Chen Jiaojiao | Box — Pass It On

This book of 332 pages comes in a box full of surprises!

Publisher:Shang-Xia Ltd, Shangha, 2010
Edition: 1st Edition
Hardcover, box & more | 7.75 x 10.5 inches (Box is  3.5" deep)
Language: Chinese/English/French

DESCRIPTION:
From the publisher: "An exquisite object, Box presents an delightful and poignant collection of personal and familial secrets and memories as told through Chinese vernacular photography and culture.  A Box collects memories and secrets from ordinary Chinese families, including a book of selected album photos, private letters, stories, and a secret drawer which includes several objects."

The box contains:

A 332-page, extensively illustrated hardcover book with various laid-in ephemera, an array of paper stocks, and personal commentary (in Chinese) from numerous contributors.

Two 52-page booklets (one in English; one in French) with essays by Chen Jiaojiao and Jia Zhangke, personal commentary on the images by numerous contributors, as well as a dialogue with Chen Jiaojiao, Jia Zhangke, Chaton Saconay, and Jiang Qiong Er.

Secret, divided compartment containing one aluminum toy plane, one red scarf for Chinese young pioneer’s league, one classic tin ring, four crystal beads, photographs, and "the letter from a 21-year-old girl to her earlier self."

Additional Condition: Light foxing on the box cover otherwise a fine copy.  Always handled with care.

About my books for sale in CollexArt:  The main intention behind my listing is to seed the CollexArt Marketplace and to create a listing style that others can follow.  Yes, these items are real and available for sale but please inquire with me first as I will have a hard time letting go of many of these titles 🙂

SHIPPING & PAYMENT

• Shipping
    Shipping to a PayPal Approved Address - CONUS only
  • Payments Accepted
    PayPal Goods & Services | Fee Included

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

Other listings from Raul Jarquin

Other listings from books-catalogs-art-photo